Departmental Honors Course-Enrollment cap?

<p>We are aware the UH honors college courses have a 15 student cap.</p>

<p>Do the Department Honors courses have a cap? Looking on the schedule from MyBama we’re confused because 1 session is capped at 144 and the same course, but a different session is capped at 72…</p>

<p>Are all course offerings now available on the Academic tab at Mybama? Or do they continue to add courses? I ask because a freshmen engineering required course is not showing ENGR 131 (but shows the next course in the sequence - 141)</p>

<p>Some courses and course sections are still being added. The room scheduling optimizer won’t be run until April, so it’s hard to tell the specific capacity of a room until a room is scheduled. The actual size of some courses, especially freshman ones, is lower than the room’s capacity so that more spaces can be opened later or so that students can be given a waiver into the course if needed. </p>

<p>Class sizes for departmental honors courses are set by the department and can vary.</p>

<p>Different sections of the same course might have different caps because of the capacity of the room where the course is being held. Some departmental honors classes are small; others can be pretty large (I think there’s an honors accounting course this semester with 100+). Last year there were courses that didn’t open all of their seats at the same time. I think these were mostly classes that freshmen would take, like English Comp and Calculus. It wouldn’t surprise me if more classes were added; I know there were UH classes added last year.</p>

<p>Thanks for helping us understand all this!</p>