Dependent Verification Form?

My mom submitted the FASFA but still has to go back and update it. I got an email saying I need to fill out the ‘dependent verification form’. Is this something most people have to do or will it go away after my mom has updated the fasfa? If it doesn’t go away, how do I submit it? The form was pdf and I had to download it to make changes. I didn’t see any place where I was supposed to upload a form.

Also, I don’t know if this has anything to do with the above but I cannot access my housing application anymore. I have already filled out the application and have even gotten a time to select housing, but when I go into the application the only option for term is ‘Spring Only 2015’. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I try to connect someone at bama?

The same thing happened to me with the housing app. I don’t know what it is, but I was going to wait a few days before I contact someone, especially now that I know that it happened to someone else.

That makes me feel a little better.

We also got the request for Dependent Verification this year. After the email, we got a letter in the mail restating it and enclosing an envelope in which to return the form. Hope that helps. Don’t think it’ll “go away” with updating the FAFSA. Just an extra step that some “lucky people” get to do.

^^ Yes, that Dependent Verification form has to be snail mailed in once the tax information is final and everyone has signed it.

We’ve had this happen before, and again this year. If you filed your taxes electronically, and it has been roughly three weeks since you filed, you can go back and update the FAFSA by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. If you do that successfully, the updated FAFSA will be available to the school within a few days to a week. That should fulfill the school’s requests, and you will not have to send those items in. I just used the Data Retrieval Tool on Feb. 24th, and my daughter’s Financial Aid information was updated today (3-2-15). We no longer need to send in the forms you mentioned above. You can check the status on MyBama under the “student” tab in the Financial Aid section.