DeSantis proposes sweeping higher education measures aimed at ‘indoctrination’

I did. And I still don’t understand why you can’t study philosophy in " the most conservative corner of the south" and get “what you want”? Is that Alabama? Mississippi? Or now Florida? What exactly do you expect to change about how philosophy taught, and what basis do you have for that?

Technically Desantis said it. “requires institutions to prioritize graduating students with degrees that lead to high wage jobs…”

Of course he went to Yale and studied history (probably full pay) and then became an underpaid history teacher before going back to liberal Harvard for voluntary indoctrination.

And since teaching is a lower wage job I assume this is just his own self loathing.

9 Likes

I don’t think so.

I can, and didn’t say I can’t. I’m guessing my use of “heretofore” may have thrown you off. I said we have had consensus for years and that’s why I’ve enjoyed that flexibility. I didn’t say or mean to suggest that I don’t have it now. I do. I’m not running around with any misguided beliefs about the current state of philosophy departments. Don’t worry.

3 Likes

Actually, philosophy majors tend to do quite well in the job market. Tough major requiring a lot of logic. But I get your point, certain majors will receive less priority. Wouldnt that happen anyway as fewer enroll?

There’s likely a thread on the politics forum on the topic that users can continue. But there’s been too much here, requiring too much moderator time, so I am closing this thread

4 Likes