Desperately need textbook help!

<p>i know…i had 8 am chem lab last semester, and it was terrible!</p>

<p>I’m in section 8.</p>

<p>wow zgrace that’s really really early! I have chem lab this semester at 2pm.</p>

<p>Does anyone understand the bundles that you can get for ch101? I don’t understand what they are…</p>

<p>I have EC110 with Pflum and myBama is telling me that textbook information cannot be found for my class and section number. Should I get the Zirlott textbook, or just wait?</p>

<p>Different professors will often use different textbooks, so I’d wait on buying an EC 110 textbook and email Dr. Pflum in a week or so if there is still no listed textbook.</p>

<p>Join the crowd Bamagirl. Called the store 3 times and received three different answers. Wish they had a list of what each “bundle” included…</p>

<p>Anyone know the real ISBN number for this?</p>

<p>Writer’s Reference Fall 2012, HackerISBN 1-4576-3129-6
also called 978-1-4576-3129-0 HACKER / WRITER’S REFERENCE FALL 2012 </p>

<p>Since it says Fall 2012 I’m thinking perhaps it’s not released yet but there is a used price through the bookstore, so who know.</p>

<p>Had posted this in another thread but it bears repeating now that we seem to be book shopping</p>

<p>For those taking ENGR 142, if the book store info is correct, the book is available as a free pdf download from the publisher</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.ncees.org/documents/public/fe_reference_handbook.pdf[/url]”>http://www.ncees.org/documents/public/fe_reference_handbook.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>

</p>

<p>Interesting. The Writer’s Reference listed for my D’s EN 103 class has a different ISBN and doesn’t say Fall 2012. The beginning of it appears to be specifically tailored to the University of Alabama writing program. I ordered it from Amazon but it has a SupeStore used book label on it, so it clearly came from UA. I’m guessing there’s a new edition, but it seems odd that some classes are using a new one and others aren’t.</p>

<p>Son had Spanish 103 from Alford and although the book store said quia was required. He never used it. All he needed was the textbook. This is also listed on Sp101. If you purchase it, don’t open it until needed.</p>

<p>Some of the needed textbooks are still not available. What should I do?</p>

<p>My S emailed the professor to ask about the textbook for one of his classes. The email address listed on his schedule was old and the email returned undeliverable. He emailed his adviser, who in turn send S the professor correct address. The professor responded to the email and after a couple of days the book was also added to the bookstore web site. Hope this helps</p>

<p>Has anyone had any luck finding the book for Calc 126 on Amazon or other websites? Thanks!</p>

<p>I bought just the textbook (not the bundle) on Amazon. You can get the ISBN for just the book by looking at the books for MATH 126 from Spring 2012. The bundle ISBN is the same as the one given for Fall 2012 but there’s also an ISBN given for just the text. When D confirms that she needs a WebAssign code she can go directly to WebAssign online to purchase it.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>To answer my own question, this is a brand new UA tailored version. There are no used books since it’s brand new. My son is going to ask if an older version can work when class starts. Hate to pay almost $70 for this but we bought it knowing he has until the 31st to return it if there’s a less expensive alternative.</p>

<p>Having trouble figuring out exactly what my son needs to buy for Calc 126.</p>

<p>Essential Cal W/ WebassignStewart (Hardback Bundle)ISBN 1133425941Edition 2Binding Hardback
Choose One</p>

<p>List Price
$215.35
Used N/A
New $215.35
Essential Calculus W/WebassignStewart (Binder Ready Bundle) (Custom)ISBN 1285041674Edition 2Binding Looseleaf
Choose One</p>

<p>List Price
$141.00
Used N/A
New $141.00
Essential Calculus: Early TranscendentalsStewart (Used Hardbook Only)ISBN 1133112285Copyright 13Publisher B/CEdition 2Binding Hardback
Choose One</p>

<p>List Price
$108.00
Used $70.20
Used Rental $35.00
New N/A
New Rental N/A
1-2 Bus. Days to Process
You Save:
$37.80
Essential Calculus: Early TranscendentalsStewart (Used Binder Ready)ISBN 113388945XBinding Looseleaf
Choose One</p>

<p>List Price
$50.00
Used $32.50
New N/A
1-2 Bus. Days to Process
You Save:
$17.50</p>

<p>riprorin, please call the bookstore to verify (they are very nice and helpful), but I think it’s this book</p>

<p>[Essential</a> Calculus: Early Transcendentals: James Stewart: 9781133112280: Amazon.com: Books](<a href=“http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Calculus-Transcendentals-James-Stewart/dp/1133112285/]Essential”>http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Calculus-Transcendentals-James-Stewart/dp/1133112285/)</p>

<p>If that is the right book, you are better off buying a used copy and then buying the multi-term Cengage code online when the semester starts (that is, if your student is planning to continue on to Calc 3). The same book is used for Calc I though Calc III. If you buy a new book it does come with a one semester code but then you need to pony up for the other semester codes at about $60 a pop. </p>

<p>The same advice holds for those starting Calc I. All contingent, of course, on the book edition not changing.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ll double check with the bookstore tomorrow. I’ve bought all used books for the kids and they have been new or like new. He’s going to take Calc III so I’ll buy the multi-term code.</p>

<p>Another option that I was not aware of was the rental program. They can rent some textbooks. It is cheaper than used and do not have to hassle with selling them back.<br>
For a book like needed in Calc, I’d buy that one. </p>

<p>We were told multiple times, do NOT take the wrap off the books until after the prof does say they will use that book. Even though a book may be listed for a class, on the first day a prof could say they will not need a particular book. If it is still in the original wrap you can take it back with no penalty. If the wrap is off, it is like selling it back for less than you paid.</p>