Detroit area viewing places?

<p>Are there CCers from the Detroit area? My friend and I are visiting our roommate from UA who lives in Royal Oak and are looking for a place to watch the LSU game. Any Bama or Bama-friendly sport grilles or bars?</p>

<p>I will ask the Chicago alums if they know of any.</p>

<p>Oops - I misread the post. I will ask the right question this time.</p>

<p>I no longer live in Metro Detroit, but can tell you that once you set foot in downtown Royal Oak you will see so many great choices it will be hard to choose. Off the top of my head I remember a Mr. B’s sports bar, and I think it is still there. Royal Oak is a fantastic community for the 18-30 year old crowd (and the young at heart)!</p>

<p>Oh, I’m sure we’ll have no trouble finding a cool place to watch the game. I was just hoping to watch the game at a UA friendly sports bar.</p>

<p>Well, Michigan and Michigan State fans will be everywhere, so I’m sure you may get some anti-Saban comments from the Spartan crowd, or jealous jabs from the Wolverine fans, but I’m sure there will be some friendly Bama fans in the crowd. I have to say, in my experience, there never seems to be many Bama fans in Michigan . . . but the fan base is growing!!!</p>

<p>Hi! I have been a lurker here on the Alabama CC board. My daughter is a senior in high school, and has been admitted to Alabama as a Presidential Scholar. I’m trying to learn as much as possible about the school, and am planning a visit with her sometime early next year! </p>

<p>In answer to your question, you need to be aware that the Michigan v. Michigan State game is being televised tomorrow at 3:30 on ABC, so I am sure most (if not all) bars will be showing that game. You may have some difficulty finding somewhere to watch the Alabama game until the Mich-MSU game is finished.</p>

<p>You will love Royal Oak, it is a great place to spend an evening and have fun. Mr. B’s, and others on Main Street are great choices. Great food, too!</p>

<p>If you find out about an Alabama friendly place to watch the game, please let me know. We’d love to check it out – and also would really like to connect with any Michigan kids attending Alabama.</p>

<p>Hi Piper! My DD is a freshman also on the Presidential Scholarship. She loves Alabama so far! PM me if you have any questions. We are from Kalamazoo.</p>

<p>Feenotype, I couldn’t come up with anything (at least not yet). I did email the MI recruiter to ask if she knew of a place, but no response yet. You may just have to be a trendsetter and bring your own shakers and enthusiasm and start something in that area.</p>

<p>Feeno, the MI recruiter can’t help with any suggestions either. I think you all should take a road trip to Chicago. We have awesome watch parties.</p>

<p>A trip to Chicago would be awesome. Unfortunately it looks to be a four-hour drive from Detroit!</p>