Did any transfer get a winter grade request from a UC?

I got a call from UC Davis about two weeks ago and the woman on the phone asked me for my winter grades. They weren’t out yet at the time (I go to a quarter CCC) so she asked me to call her back when they are released. She could tell I sounded confused as to why she was asking for my winter grades so she said “we are finalizing everything this week so I want to slip in your winter grades before decisions”. Something along those lines. Does that mean I’m borderline? If it means anything, I’ve had an upward trend. My GPA is low because I failed a whole bunch of classes for three quarters straight, but then it went back up to A’s and B’s again. Any idea what this means?? I can’t stop thinking about it.

ALSO: the classes I failed aren’t related to my major and I explained that in my essays. I took those classes when I was exploring other majors (because my parents told me I had to major in engineering or nursing) so the classes I failed were math and science because I didn’t enjoy those subjects and was being forced. I’m a communications major now.