Did anyone find out about their ELC status for the UC's yet?

<p>for those who got the letter, was the number in the packet that they sent you?</p>

<p>No; well there is a number, but they don’t make it clear that it’s THE number. The language of the letter seemed to sugget we don’t need a number and UC will notify campuses themselves. But I’m not sure, I’ll have to check on it more.</p>

<p>No! I see no ELC number</p>

<p>Yeah, ok. I guess it’s just a random code or something.</p>

<p>I’m ELC! But no number in the letter, just got it today if it helps anyone.</p>

<p>You guys who got one piece of mail indicating ELC should get a follow-up in short order. I forget which one had the password or code in it.</p>

<p>thanks everyone, especially alamemom! im qualified for elc, and the timing you predicted for me was exact! thanks again!</p>

<p>FYI: Found this link that indicates UCSB will be offering ELC students guaranteed admission for the Fall of 2010.</p>

<p><a href=“https://www.admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/Pdf/Shoreline.pdf[/url]”>https://www.admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/Pdf/Shoreline.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My D has just received a letter notifying her ELC status. The letter only says that she is guaranteed admission to the university but not to any campus or program. </p>

<p>I also read the UCSB document that bcourt posted about. UCSB seems to be saying that all ELC eligible applicants will be admitted to their campus. Now I am wondering if there are other campuses that are making a similar guarantee. And, why is it that the ELC notification doesn’t mention about UCSB’s guarantee? </p>

<p>And lastly, is there anybody who has received a guarantee on a campus or program?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>That letter is the same one my son received last year. (He’s a freshman at Cal this year.) He eventually received letters from individual campuses - UCSB, UCI, UCD, UCR, and UCM for his year. I don’t know if it will be the same this year or not. It’s good news! Congratulations. :-)</p>

<p>Wait do your chances “improve” if you are ELC and apply to UCLA/UCB? just wondering</p>

<p>Not really, no. The big two will see your gpa’s: uw, weighted capped, and weighted uncapped, and will make their primary decision off of those.</p>