Did Attending Accepted Student's Day Make or Break Your Decision? Why?

It did neither for D. I think she will be flipping a coin April 29.

My d visited campus and decided it was not the school for her. We live in the midwest and Florida and UMiami is very different than the all the other schools she’s visited over the past few years. She was admitted into the engineering school.

Midwest has some great Engineering Schools, UIUC, NW, UWM, U Michigam and Vanderbilt…University of Miami dont even come near these schools Academic Programs… But if you want to Escape the Winter then Florida is the place to go…

@mybstnw my neighbor just got back from mother’s weekend at UIUC where her son is a freshman engineering major. As she described it I can imagine it being very different than UM. He is loving it there, they rolled out the red carpet for him as opposed to other places he was accepted like Michigan and USC. Good luck with the final choice!

Break. Being from the northeast, D had not visited the school before applying. Spent 2+ hours in 1 building before even getting to see the rest of the campus and there were no tours available for students who had never been there before.

thx. @pineview: best wishes to you too. @dad2014: yes, the midwest has many choices for engineering.

What do you guys mean UMiami is different from other schools?

UMiami has a unique feel to it due to the architecture and nature (trees and wildlife). I am comparing it to schools we’ve toured in the midwest, new england, middle atlantic and in virginia.