Did I get accepted or denied?

I’m on mybama and I realize that a new student tab has been put on mine. There is also on the left side a thing that says Admitted Undergraduate Students and under it is a thing that says Submit Freshman Enrollment. When I click on that though nothing happens, so my question is am I accepted or not? I haven’t gotten any emails either. My application status also says decision made

Welcome from Tennessee. You have indeed been accepted! Congrats! Though the ability to pay an enrollment deposit does not seem to function at this point, but it will soon.

Ahhh…thank you! Someone PM’d with the concern that his Enrollment Deposit link wasn’t working and he feared that he hadn’t been accepted, even tho he had new links and the HC app link.

Glad to hear that others’ deposit link isn’t working either.

I also have an application question. I did the application, my ACT has been received by UA and I submitted my transcript request form at my high school so the transcript is on its way. Will I get my Bama ID number once they receive my transcript and my application is submitted and complete? Or is something wrong? Thanks for your help!

You should get an email with instructions on how to set up your mybama account. That same email will also have your CWID number. My D received hers before her HS transcript was sent. She received that email within a day or two of sending in her online application. Hope this helps.

Didn’t you get an email about 48 hours after you submitted your app with your CWID? Haven’t you logged into MyBama yet?

I was able to use the deposit link last night.

I applied in July and haven’t gotten anything about an email with my CWID… Should I contact admissions?

@southernbound18 check your spam folder. My son’s was in there and it took about a month before he found it.

@southernbound18 Do you know which email address you used on your app? Did you check your spam/junk file. Can you do a search?

If you still can’t find it, then send an email to admissions and mention that you never got the email with your CWID and could they please resend.

Be sure to include

Full name that you used on your app

your home address

Your high school name

phone number(s) that you put on your app

Thanks for all your help! I called and they sent another email and I was able to log in. My transcript is on its way but has not been received yet so I have not been accepted yet. Is it ok to go ahead and fill out the application for scholarships or should I wait?

@southerbound18 D filled out her scholarship app before she was accepted. So I would go right ahead. The sooner the better. And what’s done is done. You won’t be able to fill out the honors college app though until you get accepted. Hope this helps. Also once they have your transcript it seems things should move fairly fast. UA has a very fast turnaround on apps :slight_smile:

When will the merit awards be told to the accepted students?

@jym626 Some have already received them.

When do they typically show up? And in what format?

Some have said that they got them in the mail with their snail-mail acceptance…but I’m not sure if they mean the same envelope or just the same day.

Has your student seen “new tabs” on myBama?

@jym626, my son wasn’t big on checking his online status with any of the schools he applied to, but I still have all the snail mail copies of everything. I can’t remember the exact date he applied in 2013, but it was sometime in October.

On 11/06 he was mailed a letter from Admissions notifying him of his acceptance into the CoE.
On 11/07 his formal acceptance to the University (along with a certificate) from the Office of the President.
On 11/08 a letter from the Dean of Engineering
On 11/13 notification he was being awarded the Presidential Scholarship
On 11/13 (in a separate letter) notice of the Engineering Leadership Scholarship ($1,250 semester for 8 semesters)
On Dec. 20 notification he’d been accepted into the Honors College.

In March 2014 he received a letter from Amber Capell (assistant director of scholarships) summarizing all the scholarships he was being offered and reminding him of the May 1 deadline to accept them.

So my advice to all the students applying is not to worry–you will soon be deluged with mail. :slight_smile: