Did i get recruited?

<p>I was visiting University of Pennsylvania, and a close friend of mine introduced me to what he called his mentor. She was head of the multicultural department at the engineering school.I was thinking i was going to hear the whole" university of Pennsylvania is a great school and you should apply" talk. But she started only talking about engineering, and really persistent on me going into that field, at Penn(despite my abysmal 3.1). She was really complimenting and gave me her card. I looked her up and saw that she was in charge of recruiting diversity at Penn and she was also the president of the Black Engineers association in Pennsylvania.
My dad was trying to convince me that she could get me in, despite my lacking gpa.. but i don't think he is very knowledgeable about the admissions process(despite the fact that he went to Penn).</p>

<p>Can someone clear this one up for me?
Can she really help me get in to my dream school?</p>

<p>She seems to have a good bit of leverage, so I wouldn’t count it out of the possibility. Definitely stay in contact and make sure she realizes that you’re interested.</p>

<p>Oh yeah. I actually just sent her an email. I just dont know what to expect, and the small chance that she might more or less guarantee me a future is kind of nerve-wracking.</p>

<p>I just found out that she is assistant to the Dean.</p>

<p>lol, that’s pretty sweet</p>

<p>Very nice! You lucked out on this one.</p>

<p>It’s good that you were able to form this connection via your friend. Don’t slack up in school or your applications though. There is a certain point where not even leverage will help justify your admission. You should work on all the things you would have normally to prepare for admission and even ask the person for their advice on what to do specifically. You don’t want to make it difficult for this person to recommend you to the admissions committee.</p>