Did I mess up on the application?

<p>For the personal statement, I did not write a short "essay." Instead, I wrote a list about my EC's/work experience, position, awards, and time spent in those activities, because it says that you can write about experience/EC's or choose to send in a resume or something (I can't remember exactly what it said). Can anyone confirm that it is O.K. to just make a list of EC's/work experience with everything mentioned above? If it does not work and I need to submit an essay, can I still do this?</p>

<p>Call or email their admissions department and find out for sure.</p>

<p>Thanks. I am going to email them right now. But I doubt I would receive a reply until Wednesday, since it is election tomorrow and I don't think they will be there to reply. I really want to know right now though, has anyone done what I have done and still got acceptd already?</p>

<p>My son wrote, well, a personal statement. It wasn't an essay, like the one he's written for his UC application, but a statement about himself, his activities outside of school, why he does them, and what they mean to him, and tied them to a statement about what he hopes to pursue in his career. I can't answer whether a list is sufficient, sorry. If you're really concerned, you could expand on your answer somewhat and put it in the mail to them. (But if your GC page won't be going in until Dec. 1, there's no rush to do it today rather than Wed. this week, I'd think.)</p>

<p>I created a fake application just to see what the "Personal Statement" actually says. Here is what is says:</p>

<p>PurdueLogo Personal Statement(optional)</p>

<p>Is there anything you would like to tell the admissions committee that you haven't been able to address elsewhere on the application? Your response may be related to academic commitment, extracurricular activities, individual honors or certificates, family circumstances, or opportunities/experiences. If you prefer, you may send your response separately.</p>

<p>First of all, the instructions do not clearly limit us to a certain format. It simply says "your response" which is controversial. Second of all, it says the personal essay is "optional" in big, bold letters on the top next to the university logo. If they don't accept my response, can they at least accept my application and pretend I did not write anything in the box? I think I am worrying a little bit too much. But every detail counts when its your first choice school. :)</p>

<p>YES!!! I emailed them last night and they said it was fine.</p>