Did I screw up the app?

<p>I filled out and submitted my undergraduate application to UW about a week ago. I did some research dealing with what I wanted to major in and decided on Urban Land Economics and Real Estate. However, I just looked at the department's website where it says students enter the college of letters and sciences then apply to the School of Business in their Junior Year, after filling two years of requirements. Did I screw the app up by applying to a business major? or am I ok?</p>

<p>No. While your intended major is offered in the business school, your application will still be processed by College of Letters and Science. I am pretty sure about that. Please double check with the admissions office.</p>

<p>I talked to a UW rep at a college fair a little back and my friend asked that exact question (anticipatorily, not "did I screw up," but you get the point). The answer? If you do that, they view it as an expression of interest in that degree, not as a declared major, and the College of Letters and Sciences uses that as a piece of "extra info" in your app, like a parenthetical in the essay would be used.</p>