Did You Get Accepted to NYU Class of 2027? Get All Your Questions Answered by the School - Exclusive AMA w/ NYU on Thu, Apr 6 @ 4-5pm ET

We are super excited to announce another exclusive live forum event featuring Khalifa Niasse (a.k.a. @KhalifaAdmNYU), Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at New York University, and Ivan Brea (a.k.a. @IvanStudentNYU), NYU Class of 2023.

The event will take place here in the comments section below on Thursday, April 6 from 4-5pm ET.

Did you get accepted to NYU this year? This is a great opportunity to get your questions answered by @KhalifaAdmNYU and @IvanStudentNYU. Not only is Khalifa well-versed in all application matters, he is also a proud alum of NYU (Steinhardt MCC, 2015) and has participated in the CCTOP (Community College Transfer Opportunity Program). Ivan has recently been through the process and can share the student perspective.

The AMA is FREE for all registered users. If you don’t have an account yet, REGISTER NOW!

Make sure to submit questions for the live event by commenting below. Also, fill out the poll below and let us know why you’re excited about this event.

**Please note that the event will cover only admissions or student life related questions, anything off topic will be dismissed and comments may be removed.

2 Likes
Did you get accepted to NYU this year?
  • YES, got accepted ED
  • YES, got accepted RD
  • NO, I was not admitted this year
  • I plan on applying next year

0 voters

How many credits can be applied from AP courses for CAS? Also, can a student create their own 4 schedules to mimic a Co-OP of one semester if they have enough AP credits? We are comparing it with another school that offers co-op.
Finally is there a ‘campus life’? What will you say to a student who is on the fence about ‘city’ life vs ‘campus life’?

3 Likes

Does Steinhardt give any scholarships or financial aid of any sort? And is it possible to double major within Steinhardt and graduate in 4 years?

2 Likes

How is premed advisory at NYU? Does NYU have grade deflation and weeding out for pre-med students - do NYU undergrads get any preference at NYU medical college - do NYU undergrads have options for research and work ex opportunities in the medical field?

1. Do you view ED and non-ED applicants differently? Is it easier for ED applicants to get in?

2. how much do rec letters matter for NYU?

3. is it true that after a certain threshold, SAT scores don’t matter much anymore? if so, what is this threshold for NYU?

1 Like

is your waitlist process need aware?

1 Like

What is the admission rate for Tandon and Liberal Studies?

1 Like

What is the acceptance rate for Tisch’s Film & TV program? (approx)
How many first year Film/TV students Tisch accepted this year? (approx)
Which is/are the closest first year student dorm(s) from Tisch?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Do students get placed in a specific city for Liberal Studies when they are accepted, and are geographic requests considered by admissions?

Also, is liberal studies the same as the Global studies program? Confusing as I’ve seen both mentioned

1 Like

If applying to Steinhardt for BM in piano performance, how important are the academic classes taken in high school (math & science in particular)?

2 Likes

Is it possible to change majors within tandon before the fall semester begins? If so, who should I contact to do so? Thank you!

1 Like

If an applicant gets rejected from their first choice, for example, Stern, will the person be just as competitive for their second choice e.g. CAS? If not, it seems to make sense to put CAS as the first choice? If so Stern cannot be a second choice right?

1 Like

Good day, I am an international student accepted to NYUAD.

1. Can one attend both January and June Term in the same year?
  2. Can one stay on NYUAD’s campus during summer break?
  3. Can I transfer internally from NYUAD to NYU’s New York campus?

What are the requirements for CAS core? Is it 5 subjects or 28 credits? Your website is a little confusing.

How do I join the event?

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Ivan here! I am a current senior “here” at NYU! It is a pleasure to be here! Shoutout to Sorin for such a wonderful introduction! I am overjoyed to answer your questions so feel more than welcome to ask us questions during this hour!

Saludos!

1 Like