Did you receive email regarding decision releasing, just a few minutes ago?

<p>Dear xxxx,
Purdue will begin releasing admission decisions this Friday, December 11, and the decision on your application will be available after 5 p.m. Eastern Time that day.
For your convenience, your application login ID and PIN is provided below. Please use this to access your online application status. This is the same login ID and PIN you used to initiate your application.
Login ID: xxxxx
PIN: xxxxxx
If you have questions about your decision, you will find definitions of all decisions on the application status Web page above. If you need to contact the Office of Admissions, we ask that you wait until business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Eastern Time.
We will begin mailing paper decision letters next week. We also will host online group chats, to address parent/family questions each day next week, Monday-Friday, Noon-2 p.m. Eastern Time.
We appreciate your interest in Purdue and wish you all the best as you complete your college search.
Sincerely,
Pamela T. Horne
Dean of Admissions</p>

<p>This was already brought up in another thread…but yes. I can’t wait, but I’ll be looking forward to Illinois’s decision (same date and time) more.</p>

<p>Tmac18: My son applied similar schools as you. I would like to check Purdue first.
What news you want to hear first? Good news or …? Which one you want to check first?</p>

<p>I don’t know which I will be checking first. Maybe Purdue because I am fairly sure I will be getting in…but I really want to know about Illinois.</p>

<p>Same story with my son. Good luck to you, folks!</p>

<p>No the OP is correct, I just recieved my second email saying I would definitely see a decision friday.</p>

<p>Sorry didnt finish reading. Tmac</p>

<p>This e-mail made my day. I have a great shot of getting in and it will be the first school I hear from, even though I applied EA to all of my choice schools.</p>

<p>I recieved the email too…Applied to both Purdue and Illinois…hopefully two acceptances :slight_smile: Good luck to you all!</p>

<p>Yup this email made my day as well. I’m pretty sure I’m getting in, so I will check Purdue before UIUC. Man I hope I get into both of these great schools though!</p>

<p>Never got a message…I applied early action. Should I wait or should I contact them? </p>

<p>I applied like November 8th…</p>

<p>^</p>

<p>Nah, to get the decision on December 11th, you had to have a complete application by October 16th. Some people who didn’t still got the message though.</p>

<p>I’m guessing you’ll hear sometime next week. If you don’t I’d give them a call.</p>

<p>Hmmmm then what was the point of me applying for Early Action?
I never heard of the october 16th deadline…Im pretty sure Collegeboard said that the early action deadline was 11/15 :/</p>

<p>[Purdue</a> University - Important Dates](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/Admissions_Criteria/Important_Dates.html]Purdue”>http://admissions.purdue.edu/Admissions_Criteria/Important_Dates.html)</p>

<p>If you go here it says to apply as soon as possible, preferably sometime between August and October of your senior year, if you want to receive a decision early (December 11th). It goes on to say that if you apply later than that preferred timeline, then you won’t get your decision until after the 11th. Now if you keep reading, it says that the November 15th deadline is for merit scholarships and certain academic programs (notice that it does not say anything about getting a decision on the 11th or about early action). The whole October 16th thing was brought up later and not put up on the website, so yeah it really is kind of confusing =/. However, I do not think that the decisions on the 11th are limited to people who applied by October 16th, for both of my friends received emails saying that they will get their decisions on the 11th also, and they applied in November. The thing is though, they both are in the top 10% of their class with 2200+ on their SAT’s, so that might have played a factor.</p>

<p>Purdue doesn’t have Early Action. The November 15th deadline is just for certain majors (Health Science, Aviation, etc…) and for scholarship consideration.</p>

<p>On the other hand, by applying before October 16th, Purdue guarantees to accept/decline your application on December 11th.</p>

<p>Hrrrm, my son’s transcript was entered in their database on 10/22, but he got a likely letter, so I hope he gets a decision today.</p>

<p>I’m in a similar boat. i sent mine in on oct 18, and they got my transcripts on the 23rd, but i sent my sats way back in september so i got one of those e-mails. Really hopin I’ll get in as its the first school i’m hearing from</p>