Didn't pass a class, how do they look at it on transfer apps?

I chose P/NP for Linear Algebra and didn’t pass (1% from a C :-/ ) I plan to retake it this following semester, for P/NP again. Wanted to know how this affects transfer admissions from a CC to UCs and CSUs. The P/NP system doesn’t affect my GPA at all so I assumed it’ll be on my record and they’ll consider it when they look over apps with similar GPAs. But I also read a vague post that they factor it into your overall GPA and consider that GPA instead. Just wanted to confirm whether they do that or not. Thanks!

I guess schools all calculate it differently. You’re lucky that your GPA isn’t affected; for my school, your GPA is only unaffected if you pass; if you fail, then the failing grade gets factored into your GPA.

Edit: Tldr; Wanted to ask if UCs or CSUs factor in the NP into my overall GPA when reviewing apps. Realized I worded it kinda in a confusing manner.

@Philpsych That sucks :frowning: ! And that’s what I’m assuming because my grades were entered along with the NP and nothing changed to reflect the change it would have done. Still new to it though. Just not sure if universities factor that (NP as an F) into your overall GPA and consider that one for admission.