=[ Didn't take the SAT subject test....(art major)!

<p>If I didn’t take the SAT subject test, will I be less likely to be looked at, or admitted? I’m from out of state (utah…yes mormon city). And if I didn’t, should I explain why I didn’t take the test on the optional statement portion of the application?</p>

<p>Plus, I want to major in art, would that be easier to get into any UC’s? Is it a less popular major??</p>

<p>Sorry…so many questions. I just need to get out of Utah any way that I can.</p>

<p>If you didn't take ANY, thats a problem. If you didn't take a specific one (ie. SAT II Literature) which you think may be helpful to your major, you're OK. If I'm understanding you correctly, then I think that really is an issue. You have either the option of going to a CSU at this point (I don't think they require SAT IIs), or go take SAT IIs in December. I don't think an excuse will pull you out of this one.</p>

<p>Take two or three of them in December. Go to collegeboard.com and sign up right away.</p>

<p>^ I tried to register but they only have the date for next year...no dec 2007. Could I just walk in on the test day and sign up?</p>

<p>Its definitely worth a shot if you can't get in now. Its the only feasible way to maintain UC eligibility at this point.</p>

<p>Shoot off some emails to the admissions offices (go to their web-sites to find them) of the UC's you are interested in. Ask if they will accept the first test next year just in case you can't get into December testing. Go see you guidance counselor at school and see if she can help you.</p>