Difference between ASU and U of A?

<p>As a Texas resident looking at both U of A and ASU I have been unable to understand what the differences are. </p>

<p>I know it’s difficult to really know what the differences are unless one has attended both schools. But I think that just living in the state can give an idea of the subtle differences between schools. Like I feel like I can describe the differences in perception between Texas A&M and UT-Austin even though I have never attended either. </p>

<p>I am interested in the business schools and the honors colleges, as well as campus life. </p>

<p>Specific questions:
What distinguishes the honors programs from each other?
What is campus life like (surrounding area, commuter campus, dorms, campus, etc.)?
It seems as though the business schools are pretty similar, are there any big difference between them?</p>

<p>Is there anything else you can tell me?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>i live in phoenix but i’ve been to U of A a couple of times this year (a lot of my friends go there, so i visit them a lot). ASU has a better honors program and is more distinguished, well-known and selective than U of A’s, although U of A’s is also very good. ASU also has better campus life by far. Tempe is a suburb of Phoenix (and by suburb, I mean they are basically the same place.) Tempe is an awesome place to live; Phoenix has lots of sports teams, concerts, museums, etc. U of A is located in Tucson, and there is not much to do outside the U of A campus. However, there is so much going on at the U of A campus that there isn’t much of a reason to leave-they have lots of great food and shops right there by the dorms. U of A has the better business school with great rankings and I’ve heard wonderful things about the Eller College professors and lots of hands-on experience and help writing resumes and getting internships, etc. However, ASU’s location is a huge advantage because it is near downtown Phoenix, where you will find tons of opportunities to intern and volunteer at big businesses. ASU has a pretty spread out campus and I have never been in a dorm there, but i hear the Honors dorms are very nice. U of A has mostly very nice dorms, but there are a few to avoid. </p>

<p>As an in-state applicant, I will be applying to U of A and not ASU because a.) I want to leave Phoenix and 2.) because U of A has a much better pre-med program than ASU. But if I were coming from out of state with your interests, I would apply to both but probably favor ASU. They are both great schools for what you are looking for though. If you have any questions, please PM me :slight_smile: good luck!</p>

<p>As a medical student who went to ASU pre-med programs aren’t all they are cracked up to be. Both are great for pre-med. You have access to all that you need at both. UA has a BIGGER pre-med program though, and also a medical school on campus, so you may have access to better advice (don’t listen to pre-med advisors. Go find medical students, doctors, or use the interet).</p>