Difference between Economics (business) and Economics (A&S)?

<p>I’m switching my major (I’ve been accepted, but I’m not going until the fall) from chemical engineering to Economics…</p>

<p>I am good at math (Calc BC AP and Stats AP right now, have high As), but not really at science. I’d like to go into law or perhaps Master’s studies in Economics/Finance. </p>

<p>That being said, what are the differences between the Economics in the business school and the Economics in the A&S?
Any suggestions?</p>

<p>The difference comes down to which division you are enrolled in and the requirements for majors in that division. What I mean is that in the business school there are pre-major courses that all students are required to take, in addition to the university core curriculum requirements. In A&S, you are required to declare a minor or a second major in addition to your primary major. Essentially, you take more business school courses in the business school econ major.</p>

<p>This website may be of assistance to you in choosing the myriad of economics major and minor programs available at UA.</p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Degree Programs](<a href=“Home - The Culverhouse College of Business”>Home - The Culverhouse College of Business)</p>

<p>You may also want to look at the University Scholars program.
[University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Have you looked at the catalog?</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>