Difference between UC weighted GPA and fully weighted GPA?

<p>I was searching through some “chance me” threads on here for schools I want to go to and someone mentioned having different GPAS for UC weighted and fully weighted. Could someone please clarify what is the difference please?</p>

<p>UC weighted caps at 8 semesters AP/Honors maximum 10th-11th. Fully weighted is uncapped; all AP/Honors for 10th-11th.</p>

<p>Okay so each IB class (that’s what my high school has) I take individually gets its own points? I’m in honors English and History right now as I was last year, but that’s the only honors class you can take as a sophomore at my school. So each semester I would get points for each of those (like 5s for As, etc.)?</p>

<p>I feel like I’m missing something here- there are only two semesters in one year so that would only be 4 semesters for 10th and 11th. Did you mean UC caps at 8 honors/IB classes?</p>

<p>Sorry if I’m rambling aimlessly right now. I’m still new to this and I want to have the whole calculation thing down by the time I apply.</p>

<p>Capped is only used to determine eligibility (whether you are eligible for admission consideration). Fully weighted is used by Berkeley and UCLA for admission evaluation (whether you are competitive enough to be admitted). It’s unclear whether UCSD use fully weighted or a cut-off (4.5). Some UCs just use a cut-off (4.4 or 4.5).</p>

<p>The UCs calculate the GPA for you based on your self-reported coursework and grades. So you don’t actually have to know how to do it. Quite frankly it’s not worth the effort since every UC use a slightly different calculation/cut-off. Unless you just want to know so you can post your stats to compare with other students (but they are probably miscalculating their GPA so the whole thing is moot).</p>