Different Major

I got accepted in to Texas A&M but was not able to for the College of Engineering. I was given 2 choices, changing my major or going to Blinn Engineering academy. Which option would be the best and which major should I do instead of engineering. Thanks.

Well I know transferring within majors is very difficult if you want to get into a popular major. I believe they accept 5 internal transfers each semester. So you could to into physics and attempt to transfer after 1 or 2 semesters. Or blinn is another great option. You will be able to complete a lot of classes that will transfer including the math, chemistry, and physics. Transferring in will still be very tough though but they will accept more than 5 people for external transfers for the fall. I was thankfully able to transfer into civil engineering for this semester and I did 82 hours at lonestar college over 2 1/2 years. Your GPA needs to be very high and complete all the classes you can that will transfer. best of luck to you!

^ Where did you get the information of 5 internal transfers each semester? Which department?

That is what they told us at our NSC in January. They said its usually 5 internal transfers from both COE and COE majors for each engineering major per semester. They said sometimes it may fluctuate a little, so they might only accept 3 into chemical if they are full or accept 8 into industrial if they have a little more room. Hope this helps.

I thought people in Blinn Team are guaranteed into Texas A&M if the meet the requirements after one year.

Blinn Team participants are guaranteed admission if they meet the GPA criteria. They are not guaranteed admission to a particular major, however.

Yes, that is true about the Blinn Team, you are guaranteed admission, but not a spot in engineering. That will just vary with the amount of available spots.

Which lonestar campus did you go to ilovemath987?

I went to the Montgomery one off 242 in the woodlands. It is a great school and I enjoyed it a lot, they have some very knowledgeable math and science professors there.

ilovemath987 my sister and a few friends have gone there as well. My sister has actually gotten her EMT stuff at lonestar, but most of her classes were at the harris campus I believe. I use to live very close to the campus off of 242!