Difficult to transfer from UC to UC?

<p>Im planning on going to UCSB and transferring two years to UCLA or USC. Can you tell me how hard or easy it is to transfer. Also I am still undecided about what college I should attend. My choices are UCSB, SDSU, USD, or community college in San Diego.</p>

<p>It is far easier to transfer from a community college.</p>

<p>My first quarter roommate transferred from UCSC to UCLA (junior). I never asked him his stats, but it was 3.5+ at the very least. Smart as hell too, helping people on the floor with their engineering homework..</p>

<p>This is the exception however. Almost all transfers are from community. Think about it. If it was easy to transfer from UC to UC, wouldn't we all just go to UCR or UCSC and then transfer?</p>

<p>I know a friend who's transfering from UC davis to UC Berkeley because they offer some classes at Cal that aren't offered at UC Davis...he has 3.5+ GPA too</p>

<p>I know a friend who's transfering from UC davis to UC Berkeley because they offer some classes at Cal that aren't offered at UC Davis...he has 3.5+ GPA too</p>

<p>"...wouldn't we all just go to UCR or UCSC and then transfer?"</p>

<p>Just because you go to a lower UC doesn't make it (much) easier to get a high GPA. </p>

<p>Almost all transfers are from community college because...
1) They are guaranteed admission at 8/10 UC's with a 3.0
2) Classes at CC are much, much easier compared to UC classes.
3) They NEED to transfer, unlike UC students who (usually) are happy with their college.</p>

<p>My counselor told me that it's risky transferring from UC to UC because you can lose credit, or something.</p>

<p>CC to UC is much easier for 80% of the campus.
UC->UCB or UCLA is about the same % as from a CC, though.</p>