Difficulty of Analytical Writing Placement

<p>What are my chances to pass at least a score of 4
SAT writing is 470, essay was 8 , grammar: forgot
Not taking the AP english lit, I’ve been recieving 3s on them graded by my teacher(16 years expirienced)
As you can see, I dislike writing and Im not very good at them.</p>

<p>How hard is the exam based on these statistics of mine?
Is there another option?
Is taking a remidial class for writing beneficial rather a bad thing?</p>

<p>Sorry, based on your stats and your brief writing sample in this thread, you're most likely not going to pass it.</p>

<p>You're just going to have to take basic college composition classes. Tough luck.</p>

<p>I got 510 on writing and on the reading too</p>

<p>I got good scores on APs</p>

<p>and on my essay i got a 9</p>

<p>can someone tell me if I ought to take a Saturday off on May 9th and actually
go to take the exam?
my stats:
650 on SAT I writing (so close!) 10 on essay portion of SAT I,
and currently having a B in my AP Lit class (my teacher's very good and last year
everyone passed the AP exam; most earned a score of 4 or 5, but 3 and above places students out of this exam anyway).</p>

<p>any educated guesses are appreciated!</p>

<p>@solong
take the exam if you don't feel confident that you'll earn a 4 or 5 on AP test.</p>

<p>lol, haikumaru didn't you just get like a 3 on the ap eng tests?</p>

<p>^ thats a good enough score with no studying/no class eh?</p>

<p>lol</p>

<p>Do you think I can pass if I my highest in writing was 650? For the essay I got 8 twice and a 9 once. & I'm not in AP English, so I'm taking this test for sure.</p>

<p>I got 640 and I got a 9 on the essay for the SATs. Do you think I will pass?</p>

<p>(I'm not in AP lit, though I was recommended for it. I have been in honors english fresh-junior years.)</p>

<p>I received a 510 on my SAT I writing and passed the AWPE... that's WITH my prom being on the same day (had the test in the morning, then had to rush to get prepared in the afternoon to be ready at night!). It's not difficult at all. You just can't forget that it is an ANALYTICAL exam. They're testing your ability to analyze and interpret the passage/reading they give you. Do that, and you'll be sure to pass! :)</p>

<p>@haiku, but wouldn't good ap scores be defined as a 4 or 5? Much closer to a 5?
A 3 is barely passing the exam.</p>

<p>^Thanks marz! Just out of curiosity, what did you get on the essay portion of the SAT? (2-12)</p>

<p>My essay portion score was 8. But I got a 440 on the writing section. Ugh.
I really hope I can do well on the analytical writing placement test!</p>

<p>what happens if u dont pass?</p>

<p>do i have to take an extra course at the UC? what is a passing score? 3?</p>