Difficulty of getting into the business program

I’m a senior in high school trying to decide between schools and I really love Madison. So far, the only issues I have are the price and getting into the business school. As I have come to find out, I am a pre business student who did not get the direct admission. I’m aware of the statistics that most students had a 3.5 gpa and all the class requirements, etc. I just wanted to know any other info on how hard it is to achieve a 3.5 gpa and any past students experiences with getting into the program. Also, how does the program compare to other schools such as UIUC in getting jobs and thighs like that? I have a 3.9 gpa unweighted and 4.3 weighted and I am OOS. Let me know if you need any other info! Thanks for the help.

A 3.5 is reasonable for most people if they put in the effort, and a 3.3-3.4 with a decent resume/essay will probably get you in as well. Job prospects are very good especially if you are looking to stay in the midwest. Check out this link for more details: http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/placement-and-promotion/your-career
As far as I know their accounting program is a little better but the business school is very comparable to UIUC.

Make the costs a primary decision maker- it is not worth extra debt when choosing between these two options.