Difficulty of Purdue admissions?

<p>What is an average student like in Purdue's college of agriculture? Is that college one of the more competitive ones at this university, or less competitive?</p>

<p>I really really want to apply to this school next year but I want to know what I would be up against. </p>

<p>Also, does Purdue prefer SAT scores over ACT, or does it really matter?</p>

<p>Purdue’s Ag program is a leading one in the US. It would depend on what area of Ag you are going into. Ag engineering is competitive, as it is #1 in the nation, but other areas of Ag will be less competitive grade-wise. It doesn’t really matter SAT or ACT, but SAT is has some preference with all of the universities in Indiana. But of course, make sure you send whichever one you did best on!</p>

<p>Thank you for replying! I have yet to take the SAT, and I wasn’t sure if I should or not. And I am most interested in plant genetics, crop science, or food science.</p>

<p>I would go ahead and take the SAT, unless you did amazingly on the ACT, in which case you don’t need to. Those majors are less competitive than ag engineering, but plant genetics will probably still be slightly competitive. My guess is that food science is the least competitive of those three.</p>

<p>Thank you! That’s helpful.</p>