dilemma: syracuse or wisonsin??

<p>i am accepted by syracuse into their civil engineering program but also wisconsin(madison) as undecided. i'm stilll very uncertain about my major..(engineering was my 2nd choice)
wisconsin sounds pretty nice but syracuse is much smaller and i've heard that syracuse has a better network of alumni..yet their engineering program does not seem to be too popular..PLUS wisconsin ranks much higher on the national college ranking.
what do you guys think?</p>

<p>Wisconsin. It has a very national alumni network that is strong and better town and campus quality. Overall not even that close.</p>

<p>Both my parents went to Syracuse and they really didnt want me applying. Apparently its a lot of spoiled rich kids which you see at Wisconsin out of like 1 in maybe 15 but at Cuse its more like 1 in 1.5 kids. It was pretty bad when I visited but some people dont mind it.</p>

<p>really? i've been w/ spoiled rich kids for quite a while..getting fed up here..
afterall that's really a huge factor..i mean it's not a good thing to have spoiled kids as life-long friends..! anyways thanks for your advises =]</p>

<p>Wow. what a coincidence... I was in the same dillema until several days ago from which I decided to go with Wisconsin despite the fact that syracuse is much closer to home (long island, NY). I hope i made the right choice, because my mom was telling me how the programs at syracuse are much better than those at Wisconsin-M.</p>

<p>Jess and Sicna, what about financial/merit aid? Do both schools offer competitive packages? Syracuse is know for giving out lots of aid. Additionally, I can tell you that the Syracuse alumni network is very well developed, and it has highly regarded programs in journalism and public administration.</p>

<p>Very Different schools....visit both...see what feel is best....Syracuse is gonna have alot more spoiled rich kids is true, but networking should be good at both.</p>

<p>The only Syracuse depts that might be better are communications/broadcast journalism and public administration.</p>

<p>Wisconsin is head and shoulders above Syracuse in almost every aspect. Your mom obviously knows nothing about either schools.</p>