Dilemma: UCSC vs UCD Electrical Engineering

<p>It seems like rankings suggest that UCD has better Electrical Engineering program than UCSC.
However due to proximity of UCSC to silicon valley it might give more job opportunity in future. I have got into UCSC’s PhD and to UCD’s masters. I am not sure which one I have to choose. please advise.</p>

<p>since you are going for an advanced degree the only thing that should matter is quality and research levels that go on in the EE dept. Pick the one that does the most research in you area of interest.</p>

<p>Personally, I would not put UCD’s and UCSC’s engineering programs in the same sentence. </p>

<p>UC Santa Cruz’s engineering school has only been around for ten years, thus, it is not nearly as developed and reputable as UCD’s engineering school. Also, you should consider the fact that Santa Cruz only has a few engineering majors, while Davis has a lot more. If you decided that Electrical wasn’t for you, you might find yourself out of luck at Santa Cruz.</p>

<p>

Can you even switch out of your major in graduate school?</p>

<p>Oh, I didn’t even read that the OP is a grad student.</p>

<p>I would still choose Davis, but the whole major changing point does not really apply anymore.</p>

<p>He’d be either getting a Master’s from UCD or a PhD from UCSC-- that makes a difference altogether.</p>

<p>I’d personally just go for the PhD.</p>