Dining

<p>When do the dinng halls actually open for good for the fall semester?
And when fall is here, are the dining halls open on weekends?
I know Freshmen have many different move in dates over the next couple weeks.
Son has been at Bama for a summer class and I have been suprised how often everything closes. All friday nights, weekends, holidays, and are closed yesterday for dinner and rest of the week with exams still being today and tomorrow.</p>

<p>This should give you an idea of the hours for each location. Looks like everything opens on the 11th.</p>

<p>[Bama</a> Dining - Locations and Hours](<a href=“http://bamadining.ua.edu/pages/locations.html]Bama”>http://bamadining.ua.edu/pages/locations.html)</p>

<p>Since DD had to buy an unlimited meal plan, I thought it would include breakfast. When I looked at the hours for Lakeside Dining, it doesn’t open until 10:30 am. I thought she would be able to run in and grab a bagel or muffin and some tea or coffee at least before her morning classes. I can understand that they wouldn’t have a full breakfast buffet, but do they provide cereals, bagels, etc.?</p>

<p>Fresh Food in Ferguson opens for breakfast @ 7am.</p>

<p>DS + suitemate will be there for Alabama Action moving in 8/11. Information from AA suggests a number of restaurants for Saturday night and Sunday lunch/brunch. It appears that the guys could use their Bama dining plan? It that correct, within the limited hours listed?</p>

<p>All meals are covered for those participating in Alabama Action. It was part of the cost of the class. Breakfast is provided at Fresh Foods for the week and it isn’t necessary to swipe (or it wasn’t last year). Dinner is generally as a group at a specific location and is also covered. I’m not sure what those working in the schools will do for lunch, but it is provided. Those doing Focus First pay for their own lunch on the road while traveling and are reimbursed. This is how meals were handled last year anyway.</p>

<p>AA schedule says lunch at Lakeside Dining.</p>

<p>sactonative, from what I understand, the meal plan doesn’t start until Sunday dinner. Your student is on his own until then.</p>

<p>Thanks Missread! Fresh Foods in the Ferg will be perfect for grabbing something quick for breakfast on the way to classes. Probably even more convenient that Lakeside Dining!</p>

<p>Freshmen are required to buy the All Access Meal Plan.
I can,t find anything that really explains the rules.
Is it 3 swipes a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner?
Is it good at only the four Dining halls, burke, Bryant, lakeside, and Fresh Foods?</p>

<p>I just found the older posts about the All Access plan.
Im amazed that it will be unlimited food shopping. If all the kids eat like mine they may reconsider this idea next year.</p>

<p>Fresh Food and Burke Dining Halls are open early with full breakfast buffet.</p>

<p>Lakeside was open for breakfast a few years ago, but too few kids used it during that time period. So Fresh Food began opening for breakfast since it is more centrally located and used by more students in the morning. </p>

<p>As for Friday night and weekend hours during the school year, we’ll have to see what the hours will be now that Frosh all have unlimited. In the past, not all halls were open all day long because too many kids ate “elsewhere” on Friday nights and weekends. </p>

<p>The trend tends to be…at first, frosh eat nearly all meals on campus. Then after a few weeks they start wandering off-campus on weekends to all the very nearby dining venues. </p>

<p>As for the halls being closed the last two days, I suspect that there weren’t any Bama Bounds during this time either, and the school assumed that those having finals would be leaving right after. It doesn’t surprise me that the halls were closed on Friday nights in the summer. Just not enough students wanting to eat in the halls those nights to keep them open.</p>

<p>I find it hard to believe that Lakeside will NOT ever be open for Breakfast, as all of the people in Pres Village need to go somewhere, too, right?</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>I don’t think anyone can say that Lakeside won’t EVER be open for breakfast. </p>

<p>If Fresh Food can’t handle the students from the north side of campus, then maybe Lakeside will open.</p>

<p>Adding the Presidential doesn’t really add more students at this point. It’s replacing Rose, and it has students of all years.</p>

<p>When the 2nd bldg opens, then there will be more students, but another dining hall opens there as well.</p>