Dinner reservations for Parents Weekend?

<p>Do people generally make reservations for dinners during Parents Weekend or is it better to wing it? I am not so good with crowds, and I am starting to get a little nervous about what a mob scene that weekend is going to be. Are there even restaurants that take reservations? We had a bad experience with Depalma’s for that during Bama Bound - we thought we had a reservation, but apparently they don’t actually honor reservations and the wait was really long.</p>

<p>Oh my…DePalma’s is CRAZY during peak times…people out the door waiting. </p>

<p>Not sure of how many places actually take reservations. Maybe Cypress Inn, Evangelines, Chuck’s Fish…but those are pricey places. There’s another pricey place near Mugshots that might take reservations, but I can’t think of the name. </p>

<p>Check out Five or (5). many don’t know about it, so it’s less crowded. </p>

<p>The further away you get from campus the better. </p>

<p>Ruan Thai might be a good choice. It’s close to campus, but many don’t even notice it being there.</p>

<p>I don’t know that they take reservations but Wentzell’s is huge and has a lot of open space.</p>

<p>Went there during parent’s weekend last year and had maybe a 15-20 minute wait, but even the waiting area is large and open.</p>

<p>They also had the large ‘garage-door’ type doors open facing the river, so it felt even more open. And even seated indoors got a nice breeze and view of the river.</p>

<p>I’ve never heard of Wentzell’s, where is it and what kind of food is it?</p>

<p>It’s a seafood restaurant. It’s a chain, but not one with any locations here in the midwest.</p>

<p>[Wintzell’s</a> Oyster House](<a href=“Saluting our veterans today and extending a heartfelt thanks to all of the men and women who have so bravely served our country and to those who continue to protect our freedom. We are forever grateful for your courage! #veteransdayWintzell's Oyster House”>http://www.wintzellsoysterhouse.com/)</p>

<p>I believe it’s technically in Northport since it’s across the river, but it sits right on the river. It’s right next door to the Northport Dreamland location and not far from the Cypress Inn.</p>

<p>Menu looks good, thanks for the suggestion!</p>

<p>Get their oysters fried, stewed & nude!</p>

<p>The Cypress Inn takes reservations. Food was good and it is on the river, very nice view.</p>

<p>Feeno, have you tried the shrimp and fish? Sending D their for dinner tonight.:)</p>

<p>Yes, the seafood is pretty good.</p>

<p>^^Thanks, that’s really good to know. :)</p>

<p>D says thanks, phenotype. Her shrimp and fish were delicious!</p>

<p>Our go to place when worrying about waiting times is the Ruby Tuesdays in Cottondale. Very close to campus and next to a hotel that some of you may be staying at. Food is good, great service, and nice atmosphere. Not your college crowd, but a good meal away from the craziness that’s not fast food.</p>

<p>Wintzells … try the fried crab-claws!!!</p>

<p>The Northport restaurants are often less-crowded on Gameday weekends. We’ve gone to:</p>

<p>Los Tarascos (there’s also one on Skyland that may not be too busy)
Pepito’s
Applebees
Evangeline’s (pricey)</p>

<p>and there’s a couple of pricier places there, but I can’t think of the names.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Desperados Steak House in Northport (on Mcfarland) is very good, but pricey.</p>