Direct deposit

<p>When will the leftover money be deposited?</p>

<p>Huh? What do u mean?</p>

<p>I can give you my account number to deposit any leftovers ;)</p>

<p>Whatever money (scholarships/loans) in my student account that isn’t needed to cover my student bill should be deposited into my bank account, right?</p>

<p>If you paid via credit card, and then scholarships came through later, you receive a credit back on your card. I should think that leftover funds from scholarships will sit there until the second semester, but you can always call and find out.</p>

<p>Student account overpayments resulting from applied financial aid or scholarships will be deposited (if you have authorized direct deposit) or mailed to your permanent address on record beginning Monday, August 12th, 2013 if you have confirmed your enrollment. Credit balances involving credit card payments will be adjusted back to the credit card account.</p>

<p>@RTRMom that’s what I was trying to figure out. I have NMF and federal loans and was wondering when the excess loans were going to be deposited to my account via direct deposit. Thanks.</p>

<p>There’s a place on myBama where you need to set this up. Otherwise, there will be a check sitting in a room in Student Services that will remain there until you make the call looking for the money, and then they’ll tell you where it is and to go pick it up. You’ll pick up the check and hopefully deposit it in the account you have in Alabama, whether it’s at the Alabama Credit Union or a branch of your home bank that also happens to be located in Tuscaloosa, like a Regions Bank.</p>

<p>We have never been in this position to have excess money, so have no experience with this. Not sure why you mentioned about AL banks specifically, Montegut. Does the money <em>have</em> to be deposited in an AL bank?</p>

<p>The physical check would need to be deposited. An Alabama Credit Union account or T Town branch of home bank would be the logical (and local) place to do this. you could also decide to mail the check back home to be deposited at you home branch/bank/credit union. UA doesn’t require an AL bank account.</p>

<p>Our bank, USAA allows deposits to be made with their phone app so there is not a need to mail a check. Don’t most banks offer this?</p>

<p>Here is the link for instructions to set up the direct deposit in myBama: [url=&lt;a href=“http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/Howto.html]Finance”&gt;http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/Howto.html]Finance</a> - The University of Alabama<a href=“specifically,%20item%205c”>/url</a>.
This process was far from obvious and I’ve learned much from this thread…so thank you, everyone. We will be in a position of excess funds this semester for the first time, so this is helpful.</p>

<p>^^Aeromom – Thanks so much for the link! I knew I read detailed instructions, but I could not find it.</p>

<p>Son’s best friend had a Regions Bank account at home, so he just goes to the Regions Bank branch near St. Francis church. If you have a credit union account, you should check to see if it’s on the same network as the Alabama credit union. Many credit unions participate in shared banking. I think you do get an email when a direct deposit is made, though I don’t think son was notified his first semester when there was a refund check with his name on it somewhere in an office.</p>

<p>what national banks are near the school?</p>

<p>There’s a Wells Fargo at the Strip:<br>
1130 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL
University Town Center Shopping Center
(205) 759-1009</p>