Directions to Ferguson Center and its parking deck

<p>Going to an event Friday night at the Ferguson Center, and since I can’t find an address to put in my GPS for that specific building, was wondering if I could get directions to the Ferguson Center and its parking deck from University Boulevard, where the Arby’s is. Can anyone give me any pointers or even an address I can key into the GPS to get me right there? Since I’ll be arriving around 3:30, will want to park in the paid visitor garage, three bucks, right? Thanks for any help! I know we did this two years ago, but I can’t remember how I got there. Since then, we just pick son up at the front of his dorm. Might be good to put these directions up now anyway since people will be coming for Bama Bound in a month already!</p>

<p>This may be helpful: [Visitor</a> Parking Information - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://bamaparking.ua.edu/pages/visitor-parking.html]Visitor”>http://bamaparking.ua.edu/pages/visitor-parking.html)</p>

<p>Not sure where Arby’s is on University but it looks like you need to go North on Campus Drive and it will be right there on your left.</p>

<p>I used 801 Campus Drive E. last time I wanted to get to the Ferg and not D’s dorm.</p>

<p>I’m terrible at directions. But I can advise you to take a lot of dollar bills because that is the crankiest machine ever and it seems to spit back half the money you try to feed into it. And this was probably illegal but my daughter swiped me in the front gate with her ACT card.</p>

<p>That reminds me! The price went up to $5 when we were there a few weeks ago.</p>

<p>Can you enter the address for Publix, 1190 University Boulevard?</p>

<p>If you leave Arby’s parking lot, turn left onto University Blvd. Tavel past Hackberry Lane and the quad. You will pass the stadium on the left and fraternity row on your right. You’ll come to the intersection where the Publix is and turn right at that light. Go past the Ten Hoor lot on your right and at the bottom of the hill you will go straight through the stop sign. The Ferg deck has two entrances, but you’ll need to enter from the one immediately to your left when you come through the intersection with the first stop sign. The deck is sitting on the top of the hill just past this stop sign. It cost $5.00 to park. I don’t think visitors can enter from the other side unless the deck is open and isn’t charging for parking. I’m pretty sure it is student/employee only from the other side and requires the ACT card. If you park on the first level you’ll see the Ferg on your right. Don’t get into the left turn lane before you get to the stop sign…that leads to Ridgecrest.</p>

<p>What is 301 Campus Drive?</p>

<p>I just might use Publix as well. Thanks for the tip on University. Don’t know if I’ll be coming from Rice Mine or the Fairfield, depends on what kind of time I make traveling up. Wishing I had book a flight early enough to get a decent rate!</p>

<p>Corrrect me if I’m wrong but aren’t lots (like the flat one across from the Ferg) free after 5pm?</p>

<p>I don’t know about the deck.</p>

<p>Looks like it is free at 6pm. Maybe a student could chime in.</p>

<p>The only reason I know the rule is because the lot behind the sorority houses. I was concerned where D would park for dinner. And she lots were free in evenings.</p>

<p>The event is at 345, so want to use the paid parking lot so I don’t get a citation.</p>

<p>I would recommend parking in the Ferg deck. You may get lucky and find the arm is up and they aren’t charging to enter. They do that sometimes.</p>

<p>If the arm isn’t up and you have to pay, you’ll get in faster if you can use quarters.</p>

<p>Ooh, good tip. I have lots of quarters in my wallet right now and I was fixing to dump them. I’ll make sure I have 20 of them!</p>

<p>Google seems to list the Ferguson Center as being in Downtown Tuscaloosa, so not using online driving directions or a GPS might actually be beneficial.</p>

<p>Paty Hall is right next to the Ferguson Center and its address is 210 McCorvey Drive. The simplest, but not necessarily the quickest, way to get to the visitor entrance of the Ferguson Center parking garage is to take University Boulevard and turn onto Stadium Drive, which is right before the Fraternity House (DKE is the first house). Take that road down the hill and then up the hill to the visitor entrance to the parking lot. Since you’re coming from Birmingham, you could take Exit 79, which is US 11. If you keep taking that road, it becomes University Boulevard (US 11 eventually branches off). The road goes through a rural area and then tornado-damaged areas, but is sometimes quicker.</p>