Discrepancy between dates listed in the Activities section and short answer

I made an error in entering the dates for an activity that I discussed in one of my short answers. There is a clear discrepancy in the dates listed in the activities section and the short answer. Is this something I should notify admissions about and if so, how would I go about doing so?

Can you share how far off it was?

I think the only problem is if it makes it look like you fudged dates and hours to make it seem like a big, serious commitment when it really was nothing. this is of course what people do all the time in playing this dirty admissions game, but you don’t want to make it obvious.

How “clear” is the discrepancy? Will eyebrows be raised? If you’re talking about a few days or weeks difference, it’s probably not an issue. If you’re talking about the spring activity you listed and writing about the winter fundraiser for the activity, there might be confusion.

If it’s something minor, I don’t think you need to do anything because admissions officers are really busy right now and may not appreciate an email unless it’s something urgent. If it’s definitely going to cause head scratching and confusion, yes, let them know.