diversity at madison

<p>for people who currently attend madison. how is the diversity there? i dont know but it seems to me that the school isnt very diverse</p>

<p>Hmm... Will you please elaborate in what ways or aspects of the school that you find not very diverse? What type of diversity are you looking for?</p>

<p>like the number of international students from different countries around the world?</p>

<p>
[quote]
like the number of international students from different countries around the world?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>At Fall 2006, 4,236 International students from 134 countries attended UW-Madison. For most of the last two decade, international students counted at least 10% of student body. Personally, I just think it is impossible for any student not to interact with "foreigners" at Madison on a daily basic.</p>

<p>Source: <a href="http://www.wisc.edu/about/facts/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.wisc.edu/about/facts/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>hahah i read the article..thanks a lot im just worried because I'm an international student who has been subject to diversity throughout my life!! so its cool that there are people from all over the world at madison!</p>

<p>I haven't encountered much diversity my first semester. Maybe it depends on what program you choose...</p>

<p>how about sociology?</p>

<p>There is quite a bit of diversity in the Graduate School, but the undergraduate student body is fairly homogeneous. Out of ~120 students of mine this semester (many of them first or second year students), I had about a half dozen international students. Most of those were Asian and a couple were from the Middle East.</p>

<p>Okay. Wisconsin is pretty white. No two ways about it. Given there are 28K undergrads, there are still thousands of non-white students. 4K+ internationals, for example.</p>

<p>BUT, a great thing about Wisconsin is the socio-economic diversity. I do not know too many schools where you have: exceptionally wealthy kids from chicago, la, nyc, boston suburbs who attended the best public/private/prep schools in the country alongside kids from Baraboo, Wisconsin. You mix frat boy, keg party loving kids from Minneapolis, with co-opt living activists from Milwaukee. THAT diversity makes UW-Madison a pretty cool place to go to school.</p>