Diversity at Northeastern?

After visiting Northeastern U I found it to be very diverse, but after analyzing the school on niche.com I found that that wasn’t so.
For any minority students attending Northeastern, how do you feel about diversity on campus?

I’m not a minority student, but here’s what I’ve experienced:

I think overall, Northeastern is very diverse, but we do lack in a few areas. Specifically, we do have a really small African-American population. We have lots of students internationally from all over, and I think we are very diverse beyond that specific group.

Frankly, I wish it wasn’t the case, and I’m not personally aware of the exact causes, but I do know that the community here has the African-American institute which is a very helpful campus resource, socially and beyond. I’m in a Northeastern political discussion group, and, generalizing here, most minority students there have said that their experiences have been affected by it socially somewhat, but everything was great academically and beyond.

I don’t think Northeastern has any big problems stemming from the lack of diversity, and it does help that Boston itself is incredibly diverse. There certainly are more diverse schools, but there are ones with a lot less as well. If I had to give us a flat out of 10 rating there, I think a 6.5 to 7 is fair.

Hope that helps a bit!