Do AP Scores factor in for admissions?

<p>because they asked for it on the application.
Also, how big of a role do subject tests play?</p>

<p>These are my stats btw, how would I stack up for UCD or UCI??</p>

<p>SAT I (by section): 1980
SAT IIs: Chemistry 740, Math II 630
ACT w/ Writing: 30
APs: Completed: Chemistry, Calculus AB, English Language
In Progress: Gov/Econ, Stats, Bio
GPA: 3.70 Calculated UC GPA
Other stats: 3 classes taken at a local community college (a total of 10 units)
Hours: 405 community service hours</p>

<p>Subjective:
ECs: Martial Arts-10 years
Cross Country- 2 years
Track- 2 years
Habitat for Humanity- 4 years, CO-Pres. 1 year
Kaiser Volunteer (over 200 hours)</p>

<p>Job/Work Experience: Taught Karate for 3 years
Currently working as a Tutor/Teacher at a learning center (for about four years now)
I’ve basically been working my entire high school career</p>

<p>Location/Person:
State or Country: California
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Asian-Indian

<p>Other: My Freshman year gpa was a 2.3, it rose to a 4.1 by the end of junior year. This could either make or break me and I am addressing it in my personal statement.</p>

<p>THANKS SO MUCH! =]</p>

<p>hmm.
most importantly im Indian too!</p>

<p>umm so AP’s… im not sure they count as “huge things” but i would assume that they would consider how many AP’s you took and if your school offered it, etc. as far as them creating a lasting effect on the admission, i seriously doubt it. UC’s are about only two things GPA and SAT (and a dash of all the other stuff)… they ask for it on the application to know how much you “challenge yourself” and perhaps future reference to how much credit you will be getting…</p>

<p>i also asked a similar question in regards to the subject test. my answer was that SAT I’s are the big ones. they count for about 2/3 SAT stuff and 1/3 is Subject Tests…</p>

<p>but the best thing i can give you is a tip from an old buddy JShain:</p>

<p>[University</a> of California: StatFinder](<a href=“http://statfinder.ucop.edu/default.aspx]University”>http://statfinder.ucop.edu/default.aspx)</p>

<p>use that link and go to custom tables and input all the info… it will give you an idea of where you stand and all… a great tool!</p>