do companies in the entertainment industries recruit from umiami?

<p>Okay well if I get into UMiami i plan on majoring in Media Management. I eventually want to work for a company in the entertainment industry like Mtv, Vh1, E!, espn, fox, abc, lionsgate films, paramount pictures, or a recording company like virgin records.</p>

<p>It seems like to get a great job in a field like that you need to have internships and get recruited.....So does UM have good opportunities for this? Are they highly recruited by companies in the entertainment industry?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>This is probably a great question to ask your regional admissions rep. He/she can put you in touch with someone in the School of Communications. I do know that Suzy Kolber of ESPN is a UM grad and was a speaker on campus last semester.</p>

<p>Yes. A family member of mine who graduated from UM's school of music worked for Time-Warner recording studio's for awhile, and a I know that two of sons friends are currently working for production companies on a couple of television programs. One based out of Miami and another based out of NYC......</p>