do I even have a chance?

<p>i'd like to do engineering, but my stats are dismal. is applying to VT worth the time for me?</p>

<p>GPA weighted: 3.53
unweighted: not reported
class rank 126/362 (top 35%)
SAT: 2090/1400 (700 math 700 reading 690 writing)
instate (from NOVA)
applying regular decision</p>

<p>very rigorous course selection, senior schedule:
BC calc
newspaper
ap Lang
physics
etymology
philosophy
ap us government
ap computer science</p>

<p>very good extra currics, BSA life scout (almost eagle)</p>

<p>i plan on having stellar essays but i heard it really doesn't help... my GPA is destroying me
do i have a chance at engineering at all? or even at regular decision?</p>

<p>please be honest i dont care and thank you !!</p>

<p>Your GPA surely isn’t the worst I’ve ever seen and your SAT scores are quite good, as are your EC’s. The concern is in which classes you did less than great. If you struggled in math, physics, or chemistry, that is certainly going to hurt you, if not, I would say you have a shot and you should go for it.</p>

<p>I would suggest that you use the essays, especially a free response one, to elaborate on your strengths.</p>

<p>thanks for the support! i was planning on doing all three essays, one on what i think would be beneficial for the Admissions Committee to know concerning my academic history (talking about my immaturity in my first two years of highschool and how i’ve matured and begun to take classes seriously), one free response, and one discussing five unique or interesting things about myself(which i was going to use to discuss my strengths). </p>

<p>As far as my grades, I generally got B’s in math and science, and A’s on the exams. This year, I have an A+ in BC Calc and (so far) an A in physics. Is that decent?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>i think u have a shot at rd! u have really good SAT scores and ECs. i can’t speak on the engineering program since i just got in myself to undecided & ik that’s really competitive.
Good luck :slight_smile: :)</p>