do i have a chance at purdue ??

<p>alright so i just got back my GCE-O level results and i'm applying to colleges now. kinda late, i know, but i didn't really have a choice. anw, my results are as follows:</p>

<p>e maths: B3
english: A2 (taken in 2008)
principles of accounts: A2
chemistry: B4
physics: B3
geography: E8</p>

<p>applying for engineering. will be taking my SAT reasoning on the 23rd of jan, expect to get 2xxx. any recommendations ?? i don't need any financial assistance. btw, i studied in a private school, so no CCA achievements either. everything was more or less self-study. and how will they look at using 2 certs to apply ?? since my english score is on a seperate cert since i took it in 2008. do i have to explain the e8 for geography ??</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>considering your english accounts cehm and physics you will have a good chance, sat score over 2000 will help you alot
im also taking the GCE A2 edexcel and i got a full unconditional offer with my predicted grades of maths, physics, chem and ICT AS(AAAB), my sat score was reallyy low so i had to take the toefl to waive this crappy result.
plus i took the maths 2 and physics subject test just in case. i scored within the world average which is acceptable as only engineering students take these tests and usually score over 600.
your english olevel results should be enough for the profecieny, they consider IGSCE/GSCE <code>english as a first lang</code> results, i had a B result which was acceptable but i also took the toefl and the sat to make a better app.
students under the british system dont really need to provide GPA etc, all those american highschool stuff.
I guess you want to get admitted to the spring10 or fall11 semester</p>

<p>my school transcripts included, predicted grades, igsce grades, year 10-12 reports, teachers reference, personal statement and some school achievements to give some idea about my position in the school, i wasnt sure what they required soi tried sending everything</p>

<p>if you are planning to get admitted for fall 10, its a bit late i guess but if you are sending your stuff before the late deadline you might have some chance, if not apply for the spring 10 semester.
good lcuk</p>

<p>the thing that worries me is that these are GCE-O level results, not A level (which is of a much higher standard) so i’m not exactly sure what grades they’re looking for. their website states a pass in 5 subjects but i highly doubt that’s even close.</p>

<p>thanks for your reply anyway.</p>

<p>well i took 4 AS and 3 A2s, by o level they might mean the igcses/gcses</p>

<p>nono, its written O levels can be used pretty clearly for singaporean applicants</p>

<p>[International</a> Students and Scholars: Specific Admission Requirements for Singapore](<a href=“http://www.iss.purdue.edu/Admission/UG/AppProcess/CountryRequirements/Singapore.cfm]International”>http://www.iss.purdue.edu/Admission/UG/AppProcess/CountryRequirements/Singapore.cfm)</p>

<p>i’m not sure what igcses/gcses is the equivalent of ? i’m guessing A levels, which are of a completely different difficulty level (much harder)</p>

<p>also, would it be a problem applying to purdue since they require evidence of graduation from a recognized secondary sch ?? i’m from a private school. pretty much the same as being home-schooled i think ?</p>

<p>“4. Evidence of graduation from a recognized secondary school.”</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.iss.purdue.edu/Admission/UG/AppProcess/[/url]”>http://www.iss.purdue.edu/Admission/UG/AppProcess/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>crap this is worrying me.</p>

<p>im from a private highschool aswell however i did provide a letter showing that ill be graduating from there, go to your school and ask for the required documentations, predicted grades and gcse grades.
yes a levels are alot harder than AP and IB courses, done my maths 3 today i guess im might get a high B :frowning: need an A</p>

<p>i’m guessing you studied at your school for more than a year ?? coz i only did like 9 months there, in preparation of my exams. dude, O level standard is like 10th grade for americans (i’m guessing), i’m not sure if you understand that yet lol. its not a particularly difficulty exam and its taken at 16 (even though i’m 18), which is why i still have doubts, even with As and Bs (and one stupid E)</p>

<p>dont worry, that E wont hurt you much, i also failed my ICT as last year but im redoing it this year,
then try providing any documents of your precious school, im still confused about you stiuation</p>

<p>thanks for the advice. i also don’t have any extra curricular activities/achievements. will this reduce my chances significantly ??</p>

<p>i dont think so but try indicating anything youve done outside school, working etc</p>

<p>bump!</p>

<p>anybody else ?? was hoping for more opinions…</p>

<p>bump</p>

<p>anybody else ??</p>

<p>bump</p>

<p>anybody else ?</p>