Do I have a chance of getting into UC Berkeley or UCLA?

Hi there!
I just applied to both UC Berkley, UCLA, UCSB, UC Davis, and UCSC. My major is environmental health and public health. I would LOVE to attend either UC Berkeley or UCLA, here are my stats:
GPA (weighted): 4.3
GPA (unweighted): 3.88
SAT: 1300

extracurriculars:
-Started my own nonprofit
-LGBTQ+ activist
-AP Capstone researcher
-volunteer 200+ hours
-many environmentally based volunteer hours

So - you have a chance, but not much of one (sorry). If you look at UCLA’s published info from last year there were 113,000 applicants. They accepted 16,000 of them. The average admitted student’s SAT (middle 50 percent) was 1450. The competition for these schools is just brutal. So go for it but don’t set your heart on either school. I wish you the best of luck!

Hey!
Cal student here. I was admitted with a slightly lower GPA and SAT with similar extracurriculars.
Don’t let the SAT averages worry you too much. No promises, but depending on the content of your PIQ’s you should have a decent chance.

Best of luck!

UC GPA capped weighted and fully weighted? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Your SAT is low for the top schools like UCLA/UCB which should always be considered Reach schools.

UCSC: Solid Match
UCD/UCSB: Match to High Match due to SAT score

Add UCR as a Safety or possibly one of the Cal states.

Best of luck.

Agree with the consensus above, you are competitive applicant but, both of them are really selective so, you need to apply broadly - UCR, UCSC, SDSU and perhaps CPP are good options

Good luck

Yes! I think you have a strong chance!

thanks bb