Do i need to apply for scholarships?

<p>I'm planning to apply to Bradley University for mechanical university (it's ranked high but if anyone actually knows if it's good please tell) and i looked online and it has merit based scholarships and the legacy Scholarship. My dad went to Bradley and I listed it on the common app so i was wondering if there was a separate application i had to turn in for both the legacy scholarship and the merit based scholarships?</p>

<p>The Financial Aid offices at the colleges try to match their students with available scholarships based on requirements of those scholarships. The way they get your information is mostly through the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) which can only be filled out by citizens, permanent residents and a specific category of residents. </p>

<p>This application is made available on January 1. It is available every year on the 1st of January. You can pre-fill out the information, and save it, but you will need your parents tax returns-filed or not. Your parents can fill out the form with “estimated” tax information, that they can confirm at a later date, when they do file their taxes.<br>
Otherwise, go on Fastweb and compete with the other hundreds of thousands of students fighting for money. </p>

<p>So if there a separate application to fill out for scholarships besides the FAFSA forms? Or are scholarships automatically considered when i apply?</p>

<p>They are automatically considered when you apply; but you need to fill out the FAFSA. </p>

<p>Ok, thanks!</p>