Do I still have a chance at T30s if my ACT is 35 but my uw gpa is 3.7? (4 pt scale)

Welp it’s that time of year…I’m stressing about college applications…

To be honest my gpa has gone on a more downwards trend since I’ve been experiencing burnout…I keep reading about how downward trends are so bad and now I feel like I have no hope :sob::sob:2nd semester junior btw

I will say that I did have a lot more rigorous courses this year so…I think my weighted gpa was about 4.28(?) but that doesn’t really matter since every school calculates it differently lol

Can anyone comment where you got into with similar marks as mine? :pray:

Btw I live in California and I would also say my school is known for being pretty competitive, if that changes anything.

1 Like

Where are you planning to apply?

There are 3000+ colleges in the US. I assure you that 98% would love to have you. What do you want to major in? What are you looking for in a college?

3 Likes

Based on your profile, you may find it advantageous to apply to colleges that consider standardized scoring. This site offers 31 (similar to your aspirational zone) examples: https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/slideshows/colleges-with-the-highest-sat-scores.

Yes, if you have something they want. That might be some extraordinary talent or achievement, some form of diversity, ability to pay full fare, whatever. For now, focus on pulling out the best grades you can this semester, then start college planning after grades are in.

1 Like

Grades are important, but they are only one piece of the puzzle. Do you have strong rigor (lots of AP?) Do you have a part time job? Sports? Music/theater? Extra curriculars? Do you have passions and interests to share? Volunteering etc. Have you looked at the common app essay prompts…does anything jump out at you that you feel strongly about sharing? Do you have close relationships with teachers you will ask for a LOR?

Yes, focus on a strong finish this year the best you can but you will get into great schools.

I would also recommend you find a financial and admittance safety that you would be content with to ease the stress and worry of those T30 applications.

Can you share more about what you are looking for if you are indeed open to recommendations?

In many cases “top 30” universities can be competitive and stressful. Students can vary quite a bit in terms of whether or not they find that this can lead to burnout. Even some individual students can like this at one time and not like this at another point (whether a few days apart or a few years apart).

What do you want in a university?

As others have pointed out there are thousands of colleges and universities in the US. You should look for schools that are a good fit for you. Unfortunately finding a good fit can be more difficult than just looking at ratings.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.