Do senior year grades matter?

<p>Do 1st semester grades matter? Will UCs be okay with a C? and is it okay to have like a 3.5 ish? cuz thats what ppl usually have in 1st semster and still end up getting in…</p>

<p>help me out!</p>

<p>Senior grades matter - for UC and everywhere else! That’s the reason colleges asks high schools for a mid-year report before offering admission to students.</p>

<p>3.5 is fine. You want to be above a 3.0 and nothing less than a C in A-G classes to be in the safe zone. Last I checked there were no midyear reports for UCs, though…</p>

<p>so will they be okay if u get 1 C but still end up gettin like a 3.4-3.6 both semesters??</p>

<p>Yeah I think you’ll be ok, just for the love of god don’t get a D.</p>

<p>I had a question but didn’t want to start a new thread. So I’ve taken 2 courses at the local community college (over the summer). This fall quarter at the JC, I wanted to take another but ended up dropping it and it would be a W on the transcript. However, the fall quarter isn’t over yet. For private colleges that require the transcript to be sent, I did send it and it doesn’t have the course or the W on it because the fall quarter is still in progress.</p>

<p>What about UCs? Should I have listed the grade or course on there? What do I do, email them now?</p>

<p>And does it matter… as in will I get admission rescinded if they see this?</p>