Do students take academics seriously?

<p>I've narrowed my list to three schools, and UW is one of them. </p>

<p>I love the social scene, but I'm also serious about school. I didn't get into the Honors program, so... am I going to be in the minority here? I want to be apart of classes with focused students who care. Is this rare to find?</p>

<p>It really depends on what class you're taking. A lot of the 100-level classes, "Introduction to..." classes are filled with students trying to fufill a breadth requirement. If you take any classes that are required for your major, especially 2 years in the program, you'll find a lot of serious students.</p>

<p>No, there are many serious students. If you have particular subjects that interest you, it is easy to meet serious peers with similar interests by joining academic or recreational clubs. You will still meet them in class even if you don't join clubs, though.</p>

<p>I agree with the above. Remember, 25% of the university (and most classes give less than 25%/class of As) will be 3.9/30+ kids, so it is bound to be not all one big alcoholic blur</p>

<p>lonefreckle, you applied to the honors program and weren't accepted? Or you never received the application?</p>