Do they run shuttles to UA from the airport during orientation?

Just wondering if I book a flight for my son for orientation if the shuttles are available.

riverbirch, there is a Facebook page for parents - “The University of Alabama Parents.” In the Files section is a document with a list of shuttle, limo and other services for getting people to and from Birmingham’s airport. Several of the services can be arranged in advance - that would probably be your best bet for orientation. Other times, such as Christmas, spring break, and end of school, times are announced, but you would still need to make a reservation.

@Southlander can u DM that info to me

Done!

My son went by himself to orientation because he was already in TX for a sporting event and it saved time and money for him to go by himself from there. We connected with another family through the Facebook page for parents of the incoming class and they kindly picked him up from the airport and brought him to campus and looked out for him and then dropped him off. We have found UA families to be wonderful in this and other ways.

Thanks for all the info. I’m trying to avoid another summer trip but feel hesitant about him flying and going it alone to orientation. A shuttle with other kids doing the same thing would be ideal.