Do UC schools award varying amounts for the Regents Scholarships?

<p>Hey y’all! My sister has been feeling rather down lately, and I’m hoping to give her mood a boost. Recently, my family discovered that we may be above the $80,000 limit for the Blue and Gold program next year (we have a total of 8 people in our household, with 3 in college next year). This means that she wouldn’t get her tuition covered. My parents have a pretty strict “no debt” rule for college (I was accepted into and had my heart set on UCD my senior year but I go to a CSU), so they are really pushing her to go to a CSU as well. Not attending my dream school is something I regret, and I don’t want her to make the same mistake as me.</p>

<p>Does she have a shot at qualifying for a Regents scholarship at Davis? Her GPA is around a 4.1. She’s got a load of extra-currics under her belt. What about any other UCs? Do the UC schools award varying amounts for the scholarship?</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Regents are given to students who are in the top percentage of the applicant pool (probably like top 1%), so whether she will qualify will depend on who else is applying this year. The UCs have implemented grants for middle-class families so she may qualify for need-based aid even if your family won’t qualify for Blue & Gold (I kind of think you would because family of 8 is large and the $80k is really more for something like a family of 4).</p>