Do UC's accept one D?!

<p>imm a junior right now and first semester i got a d in spanish four honors. it was a really high d and my teacher really liked me but she couldn’t round up. i just moved to the school this year do you think that UCSD would accept me…?</p>

<p>honestly… you should try as hard as you can to convince the teacher to raise it to a C… do extra credit, course work, a special project. explain your situation because with a D your junior year means bye bye ucsd.</p>

<p>Your single D won’t necessarily be “bye bye UCSD.” If you had a 3.9+ weighted UC GPA and a 1900+ SAT, they might be able to overlook your Spanish class.</p>

<p>I always assumed that even a single D, especially within As would put the red flag up. Wouldn’t they wonder why the student didn’t use resources that might be available, such as tutoring, etc? My son had a D in pre-calc.on a progress report (before final semester grade) , and did he ever hustle to bring it up. The final semester grade was C+ in the end, but lots of all night studying for the final. He was worried he would be rescinded too but in the end it all worked out.</p>

<p>For Cal, a single D or F is grounds for rescinding - a more stringent condition of acceptance than for most other UCs. Also each semester must be 3.0 unweighted or higher.</p>

<p>shungkyung…dont worry about ur D
I got an F in Ap calc my junior year second semester and i still got into UCSD…they just look at ur overall GPA</p>

<p>Hey i really need help. SO i’m applying to UC’s and i received an F on my second half of my freshman year in Spanish. Apparently it wasn’t for me so i switched to French and started getting A’s . I was wondering will my chances be limited because i didn’t make up that F. It was my freshman Year?</p>

<p>My freshman year has started with a 3.3 GPA, and when it got to sophomore year, it just went downhill. I got a D in geometry, but I made it up in summer school. I really want to get into a really good UC, but will they except me because of my D? And what should I do to improve?</p>

<p>(Im a junior this year)</p>

<p>I had a similar question to twilight girl too. But for me I got a 60 on a math quiz. Would I still be able to get into uc berkeley even though I got a b+ in the class. The class, or was The admissions website talking about an overall c grade? I am wondering because uc berkeley my #1 school choice.</p>

Twilight Girl - my son just called me and is in the same (as far as i know) situtation that you were in - already applied to UCs (he want to get into UC Merced) and just think he bombed his pre calc final. He fears that he will get a D in the class. So my question is what as your outcome? and do you have any advise you could give us?
Thanks