Do you get to pick your own professors if you are not in honors at Texas A&M?

I am currently entering my freshman year and I was wondering if you get to pick your own professors. I understand which classes are required for my degree plan (engineering) and some of the courses I am taking are offered by at least 8 different professors.

You can choose exactly what section to register for assuming there are still spots available. You can view these sections along with data such as the professor, seats remaining, day/time, requirements and restrictions, etc. in Howdy > My Record > Registration > Search Class Schedule. Some sections will have “TBA” in the professor box, indicating that no professor is on record for that section.

Sounds good! And at the NSC, will my academic advisor help me one-on-one to select which classes will best fit my schedule?

You can also research professors by reading student reviews on Rate My Professor as well as reviewing professor grade distributions using this tool: http://jippylong12.xyz/tamuFGD/

Your adviser can help you, however there will likely be many students in your registration room and it might take them awhile to get to you. If you want to have the highest chance of getting into certain classes or sections, your best bet is to research your degree plan and work out your schedule beforehand so you can quickly register without having to worry.

If you are looking for an Engr 111 class to take, go with Monroe. I’m going to be a TA for her 111 class. She is possibly the best 111 prof out there. Last year was her first year, and helped out a lot of students, grade wise and just questions in general about the class.