Do you have to take a Physical Education class Freshman year?

I’m asking because recently I looked at a course guide for PetE and I saw that it was a requirement for freshman year. At the same time, I’m pretty sure the guide I was looking at was from 2006. This isn’t really an issue for me since I’ve played AAA hockey my entire life and am very fit, I just see these sorts of classes as a waste of time. Also, for the second semester, it said any Kine199 course or health activity. If you do have to do it, what are some options?

You are looking at an old catalog - the requirements have changed. http://catalog.tamu.edu/pdfs/14-15_UG_Catalog.pdf

@Chelsea75 AGmomx2 is correct. My son is an engineering freshman. There are no current PE or Kinesiology requirements

Thank you both!

@Beaudreau‌ @AGmomx2‌ Hate to bother you both again but I have one more question. I wanted to sign up for Campus Walking Tour but alas they only had one spot left. I would be going with both my parents. I made the reservation anyways and just put myself as my party. Do you think that if I show up there and ask if my parents can come too that they’ll let them? I can’t see why they shouldn’t be lenient about that. Not like two people will destroy the tour.

I’d say chances are good - plus since you’re OOS, if you tell them they’ll probably figure something out for you. IF not, have your parents ‘unofficially’ tag along with the group- most of it is outside so it won’t be tough to do that. You can check with them early & see if any spots have opened up. Have a great time!