DOE Internship opportunity

The Department of Energy (DOE) Scholars Program is now accepting applications for Summer 2016.

Visit http://orise.orau.gov/doescholars for more information or to apply - deadline is December 15, 2015!

The DOE Scholars Program offers unique opportunities that introduce students or post-graduates to the agency’s mission and operations. Participants in the DOE Scholars Program gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings within the DOE complex. Appointments are available in a variety of disciplines at participating DOE facilities nationwide.
Being selected as a DOE Scholar offers the following benefits:

Career possibilities with the nation’s leading sponsor for scientific research
Opportunities to learn from top scientists and subject matter experts
Stipends are a minimum of $600 per week (depending on academic status)
Travel arrangements to and from appointment site
Applicants must be US Citizens and undergraduates, graduates or post-graduates of an accredited college or university. The program is open to majors in: Engineering; Physical Sciences; Environmental Sciences; Computer Science and Information Technology; Physics; Business; Policy; Program Management; Mathematics; Statistics; Safety and Health; Accounting and Finance; Law; Communications; and other related areas.
Want to learn more about the DOE Scholars program? E-mail doescholars@orise.orau.gov or visit http://orise.orau.gov/doescholars.

Thanks for posting info about the DOE Scholars Program. I will share it with my son.

My mom told me about this while I was sharing with her some internships I’m beginning to apply to. Did you have a kid that went through this? or do you know anyone who did? I just want to know if the process is worth going through, writing an essay and everything. I haven’t written an essay in three semesters so that would take some work renewing the brainpower it takes to write an essay since the only things I’ve been writing are Lab reports and cover letters. Also, I’ve read the site, but there’s not really any info on the number of people who apply and how many actually get in, and how competitive it is. I’m not here for competition, but teamwork, and I don’t want to be pitted against other students. Anything you know about this or where I could look?