Does A&M require 4 additional short essays?

I read in a couple of forums that A&M now requires an additional 3 short essays + 1 engineering, besides the main essay. I could not find that information on the TAMU admission website.

From my understanding there is a short answer question about diversity. That along when engineering and the main essay are the only ones I’ve heard about on here but I’m not able to go through apply Texas to verify…

Short answer should be around 300 words. Big essay 500-750 ish. The more concise the better you are at making your point.

Yes, three short answer this year, including the diversity question. My daughter has already applied, and couldn’t recall the exact wording, but I found this online and she said it sounded correct:

Texas A&M University- 3 Short Answer Questions for all applicants

1. Texas A&M University believes that diversity is an important part of academic excellence and that it is essential to living our core values (loyalty, integrity, excellence, leadership, respect, and selfless service). Describe the benefits of diversity and inclusion for you personally and for the Texas A&M campus community. (250-300 words)
  2. Tell us about the person who has most impacted your life and why.
  3. Describe a life event which you feel has prepared you to be successful in college.
1 Like

I had an argument with my S22 this morning. Besides 3 short answers, 1 engineering essay, what is the other one? We are OOS, will apply through Coalition. Does he need to write an essay form the topics that are listed on Coalition? I said Yes, he said NO.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. Main essay from the choices on Coalition or ApplyTexas. Plus short answer questions.

2 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of writing. When my son applied in 2018 for fall 2019, they had 3 long essays so I gues short answer could be better.

1 Like