Does anybody commute to Bama by train?

<p>We live in New Orleans and are considering the train as an alternative to letting our son take a car his freshman year. Is the train station close to campus? Is it safe?</p>

<p>the train station is close to campus, but not close enough to walk. A cab ride is about $10-15.</p>

<p>the train station is south west of the campus.</p>

<p>From what others have said, the train ride from NOLA to T-town is very good…a rather direct route and pretty good time…and cost is good, too.</p>

<p>I’d be surprised if he doesn’t find people from New Orleans he can ride with. I’ve noticed a real increase of students from the North Shore who are choosing Bama :slight_smile:
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>He will in all likelihood have several friends from his school who will be going as well. </p>

<p>And don’t Roll Tide me please. I am an LSU Tiger for life. ;-)</p>

<p>I’m sorry to hear that. Your son will be very happy at UA, it’s a great school!</p>

<p>Son has taken the train from T-town to NO and said it great. Once son gets to UA he’ll have a friend or two that has a car and will take hime to the train station. RTR!</p>

<p>DS takes the train and loves it! Y’all will be taking the Amtrak Crescent – a wonderful train. Highly recommended.</p>

<p>Cab ride to and from from the Tuscaloosa train station is about $10. We recommend Big Al’s Limousine Service – regular cabs, not just limousines. Punctual and courteous!</p>